Tuesday, August 11, 2009

What's up Docs?


Online Productivity.
Oxymoron!
Wait , what did you call me?
No, seriously.

I have never really equated online + productivity before until I started to use Google Docs (GD). I am able to read work documents from my home computer using GD.
You see, I am one of the folks that doesn't have MS Office on their home computer, so I am pretty much forced to read all documents through GD. On those rare occasions when I have to do work at home I can fire up Google and start working. We have staff members who use GD to share read alikes for their specific subject areas and it is a big help to the rest of the staff. We appreciate their willingness to share the docs and make the rest of us look like we know what we are doing.

But then again I am the Reference Curmudgeon™ .

No comments:

Post a Comment